Monday, July 4, 2011

Kate Comes to Canada - Part I

Since last Thursday, the Duke and more importantly the Duchess of Cambridge have been making the rounds in Canada. I was not a huge fan of the wedding dress, but I am finding that Kate Middleton's latest fashion choices are quite refreshing! Especially since political people in this country are usually so mundane! So here's a recap of miss Middleton's wardrobe on tour in Canada.

Landing in Ottawa sporting canadian designer (based in London) Erdem.


At the Governor General's house later that evening wearing the same Issa dress she wore the night before her wedding and those L.K. Bennett wedges she wears all the time.


On July 1st, Canada Day, wearing Canada's official colours. The dress is by Reiss and the hat has maple leaves on it. (Also, it must have been mighty hot for her in those sleeves as it has around 32C and f&*% humid last Friday! She's a trooper!)


A change of outfit into another Issa dress for the evening ceremony. (Again with the sleeves?!)


In Montreal on the 2nd of July, in a wool Catherine Walker dress, Tabitha Simmons sparkly shoes...and stocking! She may be able to dress herself, but I kinda wish someone had given this poor girl a weather forecast before she packed her stockings and sweaters!


In Quebec City, wearing a blue dress by Erdem. I think she makes very smart fashion choices as blue is the official colour of the Province of Quebec.

Arriving in Prince Edward Island on July 4th wearing a Joseph shift dress and tweed jacket.

Later the same day, changed into some Alexander McQueen by Sarah Burton. Showing some love to her wedding dress designer!

{most images from here}

No comments:

Post a Comment